You’ve got an interview coming up that you NEED to ace. How do you go about doing it? Don’t fret, the Jaded girls have got your back…
1) Competency questions are the name of the game, so make sure you’re up to date with your biggest work-related accomplishments. And no, being able to contour the shit out of your cheeks does not count as a transferable skill. Although it definitely should.
2) Do your homework and start rehearsing what you’re actually going to say. If it sounds lame in your head in the shower at 6.40am then we can guarantee it’s going to sound much worse in a room with a couple of strangers staring at you.
3) Make a judgement call on the role and dress accordingly. Corporate? Err on the side of caution and take out the septum piercing that day. Creative? Shun the basic bitch black suit and add a bit of personality. But ALWAYS go smart.
4) Be on time, in the right place, on the right day. Unless you’ve discovered the cure for cancer, there’s little that can save you if you mess up on any of these. Although a box of cupcakes could swing it if the interviewers are feeling particularly generous. Or hungry.
5) Smile, be positive, and remember that it’s not the end of the world if you screw up. Never a failure, always a lesson, according to the wise words of one of Rihanna’s tattoos. And we promise you won’t care after three Pinot Grigios down the pub with your mates.