By Emilie. What’s been on our minds this week?
1) Election LOLs. We could’ve gone rogue and written a whole Five Things… about it but we’ve managed to restrain ourselves to a few key points of note. Because when it appears that the DUP are going to be in power you can either laugh or you’d cry.
- Nick Clegg’s face when he didn’t get re-elected. This year’s Sad Affleck meme.
- Jeremy Corbyn’s several high five fails. Maybe one to practise at home, Jez.
- The guy dressed as a fish finger pulling a face behind Tim Farron as he made his victory speech. The most hilarious thing: Mr Fish Finger got 309 votes.
2) Tom Hardy’s tribute to his dog Woody, who passed away this week. No shit, this had us in actual tears. You can read the whole thing here but be aware – it WILL make you cry. And possibly make you wish you had someone to write you a letter addressed to ‘my bestest friend’ and signed off ‘your boy Tom’. Too damn cute.
3) In other sombre news, the guy who created the Hawaiian pizza has also died. Hey, it’s controversial, but we LOVE pineapple on a pizza. We’ll be ordering one in honour.
4) Amber Rose’s full body frontal, which was taken down by Instagram and attacked for setting a bad example to her son and other kids. She wasn’t having any of it though, writing, “RAISE YOUR OWN KIDS!!! Stop looking for famous people to influence your children.” Quite.
5) The return of Poldark. Are we a little embarrassed about being obsessed with something dubbed ‘the housewives favourite’? We’d love to say yes, but we’re not. In fact, we’ve been counting down the weeks since we binge watched the first two series at the beginning of the year. See you there at 9pm tonight.