By Emilie. A 90 second run through of the looks we love.
1) Black eyeliner – as seen at the Marc Jacobs SS18 show. Think graphic, exaggerated flicked out liner. We like this look A LOT. We’re also enjoying the rounded liner look (almost like a thumbprint) which offers a fresh take on the trend.
2) Complexion matching foundations. Rihanna set the trend with her Fenty Beauty collection, which has 40 shades to choose from, so we’ll be seeing more of the same.
3) High shine lips. Kylie Jenner’s matte lips might have owned 2017, but this year it’s all about lip gloss. Our 14-year-old self is bloody raring to go on this one.
4) Gold highlighter. Another one from the Fenty Beauty line, this shade is called Trophy Wife and it’s going to be EVERYWHERE. Use it on your eyes, cheeks and lips.
5) Less is more. The natural look is back – so less high coverage and contoured, more fresh-faced and dewy. Victoria Beckham coined the look ‘spa skin’.
6) Red lips. This one has never really gone away, but they are back in a big way.
7) Big lashes. Full-on-but-not-quite Twiggy lashes are also back, and we’re delighted.
8) Glitter eyes. We’re not gonna lie, we love grown-up glitter and we definitely think there’s a place for a minimalist placement under the eye – or dotted around the lids like in the look above. Leave the rest of your face bare for maximum impact.
What trend are you most looking forward to wearing?